Who am I?
I'm a enthusiastic amateur organ player and in my daily live a freelance software (java, web, database) developer.
There are two types of organists (musicians):
I myself belong to the second category, and I can play, after considerable practice, what someone else wrote, so be warned.
- They make music themselves.
- Which only imitate (via sheet music) what others have invented.
I started with Hauptwerk in 2005 with a laptop with 2 GB internal memory and the Marcussen sampleset.
My current configuration:
On this site I restrict myself to church organs, although you can use Hauptwerk also for theatre organs, harmoniums and harpsichords.
Also I restrict myself to the PC (with Windows), although you can run Hauptwerk also on a MAC.
- White V-Touch console with 2 Adam A7X speakers and subw.
- Computer (Intel i7) with 32 GB RAM, Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD.
- Windows 8.1 64 bit.
- EMU 1820M PCI multichannel sound card.
- 2 Genelec 8040A active speakers (used ones via marktplaats.nl)
- The samplesets which are on this site.
I made this site to:
I'm independent and have no special relation with Hauptwerk or Milan Digital Audio,
one of the sample-set producers or sale of computers and audio systems.
Also I don't sell samplesets and don't receive commission from sampleset producers.
But I get samplesets offered for review / beta test.
- Exercise with making a website.
- Share my pleasure of Hauptwerk with others.
- Promote Hauptwerk to Dutch organ players.
- Compare samplesets in an objective way.
- Take away the misunderstanding that Hauptwerk is expensive. A sound-module (e.g. Viscount CM-100) on a digital organ is more expensive.
- I have nog profit goal, the advertising revenues go to Woord en Daad.
Gert van Ginkel